Tuesday, February 12, 2008

CATS GOT INTO PAINT WHILE WE WERE GONE!


So Britt and I just finished up painting the nursery and I wanted to clean up the plastic, tape, paint brushes and paint cans. I picked up all the stuff and put it in my office where the cats currently reside when we are not home. Brittany saw me putting all the crap in there and she told me not to put it in there because the cats would get into it. I told her not to worry about it. Well I guess I am a FREAKING IDIOT because we left the house for 2 hours, came back let the cats out and we saw green paint on Oliver and we both freaked out. Went into the office and Oliver had spilled the one gallon paint can with the lid not secure and green paint spilled everywhere (about a 1/3 of a gallon. Most of the paint got on the plastic but there was a decent amount on the carpet which was still wet so Britt and I were able to get most of it up!!! I should have listened to my wife. They are usually right....especially about house related crap!!!!

4 comments:

Rachael said...

HAHAHA!!! Mitch, yeah you should have listened to Britt! :) Oliver looks funny with the green paint, but he is still cute! That sucks about the carpet though!

Walnut said...

one time my wife told me not to pee on that electric fence, I was like don't worry about it babe.

Courtney said...

wow. Los gatos es muy loco... or however you'd say it in espanol. That is hilariously infuriating and we feel your pain! Just wait... it won't be long until you've got gato messes AND baby messes! Glad to see you guys on here!

Alicia said...

that is too funny! Wait until it's the KIDS getting into the paint... let me know when THAT blog is up!!!!