


Oh I just love my Girls... They both are getting so big! Paityn is really starting to talk (baby talk obviously) and she loves to hold her feet and kick a million miles an hour! Lexey says everyword you say! So watch out... She likes to copy me when i am calling for Mitch.... but she says Mitch with a B. Yes my little girl says a naughty word :(
Thankfully we are all Healthy and Happy this Fall season!!! Well we all had the stomach flu a couple weeks ago... but other than that we are all well!
* THIS SWINE FLU IS FREAKING ME OUT! * Anyone else with me on that? I seriously know a few families that have it... I am just worried about my kids getting it! I am pretty sure Mitch and I would be fine! But poor Paityn and Rylee (Megan's baby) is way way toooo little to be fighting off such a big thing! I am so 50/50 on getting the Swine Flu vaccine... I really dont know what to do! Please tell me what you think?????
Peru: day 1 The Sacred Valley and Pisaq
9 years ago



6 comments:
Lex look so much like Kaisley, it those pj's she is wearing...Kaisley has the same ones...funny cause she is wearing them too. well glad to hear your family is good and healthy! The Swine flu is no good...I heard it is probably too late to get the vaccine? I could be wrong but I have a hard time wanting to put potentially harmful stuff into our bodies, especially if you don't even know if it will help? Well hope we ll stay healthy this winter season!
I want the vaccination for my kids. I would prefer the 2 days of feeling sick for them over up to 3 weeks of it. But they don't even have it in New Mexico yet and I bet when they do finally get it it will already be all gone. I guess just be really careful going places even church. We kept eva out of church for a month because she had a runny nose and cough so long and we didn't want to risk any of the other kids. I can't wait until the flu season is over, it puts a little damper on the holidays.
Brit-I felt the same way about the vaccine so I talked to my pediatritian and she was pushing it pretty hard saying all the studies here and in other countries were really good. My sis-in-law is a pharmacist and I talked to her about it too and she said yes, 100% get it especially if you have infants. It's not too late to get it most places haven't even gotten it yet. I would talk to your kids dr. and see what they say but all the research I've done says it would be better to get the vaccine than not.
Hopefully that helps.
Yeah I don't know what to do either. I think that Ryan and I will get it because Kaitlin is so little and we don't want to give it to her if we are exposed to it. We already got the regular flu shot (which is a big deal because Ryan hates needles).
Cute pics by the way. :) Your girls are so darling!
Love the pics and video! can't wait to see you guys next week! I pray for us to be healthy so we can hang!!!
I'm opting not to get it. Surprised? We've all been immunized for the seasonal flu, but I don't believe there have been enough longitudinal studies to determine anything conclusive regarding the safety of the H1N1. And for the record, my brother-in-law who is almost finished with medical school is aware of multiple studies that are showing major red flags with this immunization.
I'm not anti-immunization by any means, but I do believe there needs to be thorough and deep studies. No one can conclude with any certainty right now that the H1N1 shot is safe.
Additionally, the H1N1 virus is hitting adults the hardest. Young adults, that is. US. MOST children who contract it have been just fine.
Given Claire's vulnerability and susceptibility to respiratory infections (thanks RSV!), we are keeping both of our children home from church and away from grocery stores, etc....
Thorough hand washing and frequent sanitation, and even changing our clothes when we've been to church/public, etc. before interacting with the girls has become the norm in our house.
Remember that germs are spread one of two ways: through entering mucous membranes (nose, mouth, eyes)
so... being coughed on or sneezed on by someone who has the germs and either getting hit in the face or having their "droplets" land on your hands and then YOU touch your face with that hand... or on surfaces where, once again, your hand touches them, picks them up and you put that hand on your nose, or in your mouth, etc. etc.
If parents would be a bit more proactive in washing hands... from a young age and teaching children good hygiene (cough into the crook of your arm or a tissue and then WASH HANDS!) we could curb the spread of these viruses. It's really not rocket science.
Just my two-cents worth :)
Post a Comment